Tips & Tricks
In today's hectic world,we are not even getting enough time do useful thing.Try out some of these useful tips that you can use in your daily routine.Some of the tips will help you to save your time and energy..
- Roast cumin seeds on a warm griddle before dry grindingto ge a better flavour and grind faster.
- To make samosas crisper add some cornflour to the maida for dough.
- While make any deep fried dish, if the hot oil starts foaming and rises in the pan, add a small piece of tamarind to the oil to prevent foaming and spill over.
- Excess salt in any dish can be brought down by adding diced potatoes, tomatoes or a teaspoon of sugar.
- In order to make the fried potatoes crispy add salt to the oil before frying.
- Add a tablespoon or two of white distilled vinegar to water to avoid eggs from cracking when boiling.
- Store coffee powder in the freezer to retain the freshness for a long period of time.
- While storing the excess dough in the refrigerator coat it with a light layer of ghee or oil. This shall prevent the dough from getting dry.
- For retaining the color of cauliflower while cooking, put some sugar or lemon juice or lemon skin while boling it.
- Add little milk to onions while frying will help retain a rich color and prevent them from burning.
- Leftover chappathies can be cut into small diamond shaped pieces with a pair of kitchen scissors and deep fried till golden brown. Store in air-tight containers.
- To remove tomato skin easily, soak them in very hot water for 10 minutes. Remove, peel and then use as required.