Preparation for chicken curry:-
- Marinate the chicken pieces( medium size) with garam masala n salt for an hour.
- Make a paste of ginger-garlic n the green chillies in the mixer.Similarly make a paste out of the spices(chilli, coriander and turmeric)
- Take about 2 Tbsp oil in a pan.Fry the coconut until golden brown.Add Khuskus n then add the cashewnuts.Fry a little more. Allow this mixture to cool and make a paste out of it.
- Heat 2 Tsp ghee and 2 Tbsp oil in a pan.Saute the sliced onions in it until it's golden brown.Then add the ginger-garlic n chilli paste.Add the chilli-coriander-turmeric paste. Add Coconut-khuskhus paste.
- Now add the tomatoes.Let it cook for 5 mins.Add the Curd.keep stirring until the oil separates.
- Add the marinated chicken.Add water as required. Let it cook on medium flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation for Rice:-
-Boil the water in a vessel.
-Heat 2 Tsp Ghee n 2 Tbsp Oil in a separate vessel.Fry the cinnamon sticks,cardamom, cloves and bayleaves in it.
-Add the cleaned and drained rice n fry it until the rice appears opaque.
-Then add the boiling water.add salt.
-Cook the rice on medium flame with no left over water.
Preparing the Garnish:-
- Fry the onions until it's brown.keep it separately
- Fry raisins as well as the cashewnuts.
- Take a dry vessel. Grease the vessel with ghee or butter. Sprinkle a layer of the fried onions.Then a layer of rice.Then a layer of chicken along with the gravy.sprinkle a few cashewnuts n raisins over it. Repeat all these layers. Finally bake this at 350 deg c for approx. 10 mins.
- Serve it hot with a side of Raitha, pickles n papad.
| Print recipe | Mail this recipe | Comments(3) Rate it